As we have heard, the demand for office space is under siege from two areas: 1) more efficient use of office space and 2) increased off-site work patterns. Read more →
Principal, State Street Realty Advisors, LLC
- Provide owner’s representative services to corporations, municipalities, non-profits or individuals with significant real estate holdings.
- Services include:
- Current Assignments:
- Owner’s Representative for Brush Hill Trust to obtain entitlements for the subdivision of 200 acres of land near Stowe, VT.
- Owner’s Representative for the Order of Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi in Milwaukee regarding a proposed re-purposing of two existing 80,000SF buildings on their Lake Michigan campus.
- Asset manager for Patina Management regarding diverse holdings of commercial land and buildings in Minnesota
- Investment advisor for Patina Management regarding acquisition of commercial office and industrial buildings in Denver, CO.
2006 – 2010:
President, Venstar LLC, Edina, MN
- Privately held real estate investment/development subsidiary of a high net worth Minnesota family
- Overall company bottom line responsibility. Reported directly to Board of Directors.
- Asset Management of portfolio which included 250,000sf of office space and 130 acres of land in the Minneapolis, Rochester and Mankato markets.
- Sourced and completed turnkey development of Rasmussen College in Mankato.
- Managed relationships with investors, lenders, tenants and municipalities.
2001 – 2006:
President, Director and Chief Operating Officer, PRDC Corp. Middleton, WI
- Developer, Design/Builder and Manager of senior living and urban infill multi-use projects.
- Overall responsibility for Development, Construction and Property Management Division.
- Asset management of portfolio which included over 1000 senior units and 500 market rate apartments/condos.
- Sourced and negotiated $34M of sale/leaseback transactions.
1999 to 2001:
Director Quantitative Analysis, Location-net Inc., Sausalito, CA, Madison Office
- Real estate information technology start-up specializing in matching retailers to trade areas.
1993 to 1999:
Instructor: Real Estate Program: University of Wisconsin-Madison, School of Business
- Instructed graduate and undergraduate level courses in development and finance while obtaining doctorate degree.
1986 to 1993:
Founder: Pedrelli Development and Construction Cos., Wellesley MA
- Commercial and multifamily construction and development firm.
- Projects included 40KSF suburban office building and a 300 acre residential and industrial development.
1983 to 1986:
Project Manager: Gutierrez Development Company, Burlington, MA
- Large regional office and retail developer in Boston area.
- Managed projects through feasibility, lease negotiation, permitting and financing.
- Projects included a 130KSF R&D facility, a 50KSF suburban office building and a 20 acre office park approval.
1979 to 1983:
Project Engineer: Gilbane Building Company, Providence RI
- Selected to two year training program including field construction and office estimating assignments.
- Last assignment as Project Engineer on Exchange Place, a 40-story high rise office in downtown Boston.
- University of Wisconsin – Madison:
Ph.D. (1999), Real Estate Finance and Urban Land Economics
- Stanford University:
M.S. (1979), Civil Engineering
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology:
B.S. (1978) Sloan School of Management and B.S. (1978) Civil Engineering. Tucker-Voss Award for Outstanding Civil Engineering Department Student
Family / Professional Affiliations
- Services Committee, Lutheran Social Services of Minnesota
- Board of Directors, Hammer Residences, Wayzata, MN
- Adjunct Professor, University of St. Thomas teaching Real Estate Finance.
- M.I.T. Educational Counselor for Minnesota
- I have been married to my wife, Sue for 29 years. We have two daughters.
- Member of NAIOP and Lambda Alpha Land Economics.
- Fluent in Italian, conversational in French, European Union passport